There are many more stretches than there are muscles in the body, and there are quite a few of those.
Here are just a selection of common stretches targeting all parts of the body. Click the image for more details about performing the stretch. The information about each stretch should be read in conjunction with the stretching guidelines.
Upper Body Stretches
- Stretching Methods
- Benefits of stretching
- Stretching for Fitness: an article by Namita Nayyar
- Warming up for tenpin: sport-specific stretching exercises
- Fitness tests: measuring flexibility
- Stretching for injury prevention — pre-exercise stretching has many benefits
- Stretching Guidelines
- Stretch Before and After You Walk — a few stretches suitable for your warm-up before you start your walk.
- On-Board Stretches — stretching guide for on the plane.
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection
- Warming-Up for Workouts