Areas Stretched: hamstrings
- Place heel of the leg being stretched onto a box or bench that is approximately knee height (this stretch can also be performed with the heel on the floor).
- Make sure hips are kept square (ie facing forwards not twisted to the side).
- Keep the stretched leg as straight as possible and lean forwards from the hip with buttocks out and back straight.
- Do not hunch your back or slouch forward.
- Get to the point of a mild stretch and hold.
- Repeat for each leg.
- There are several different stretching exercises for the hamstrings, see also hamstring stretch supine and sitting.
- Description of the hamstring muscle group
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions.
- Complete stretching list
- why Spider-Man?
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection