Muscles Stretched: middle and posterior deltoid
- Stand straight while maintaining the natural arch in your lower back.
- With your shoulders down and relaxed, reach one arm across your chest, parallel to the floor.
- With the other arm, place your hand on the elbow.
- Gently pull your elbow in toward your chest.
- Hold the stretch.
- Relax and repeat on opposite side.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Browse the complete stretching list
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection