Muscles Stretched: Hips, groin and adductors
- Stand upright, with both feet facing forward, double shoulder-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips or thighs, in order to keep your back straight.
- Slowly exhale, taking your bodyweight across to one side.
- Avoid leaning forward, or taking the knee of the bent leg over your toes. As you increase the stretch, the foot of the bent leg should point slightly outward.
- To increase the stretch, relax upward, slowly sliding your feet out a few inches further to the side.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Complete stretching list
- why Spider-Man?
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection