Shoulder Flexion Stretch
Muscles Stretched: pecs, trapezius, latissimus dorsi, teres major
- Hold onto a bar or wooden handle with hands shoulder width apart (optional).
- Reach overhead with both arms, gently pushing the arms back behind the body.
- Hold the stretch.
- Relax then repeat.
- This stretch can also be performed as a ballistic stretching exercise, swinging the arms up and back.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Complete stretching list
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection