Muscles Stretched: Hips, groin and thighs (hip flexors).
- Position yourself with one leg forward and resting on the knee of the back leg
- Be sure that the front ankle is directly under the knee and that the trailing leg is straight out behind you.
- You may use your hands on the ground to steady the body
- Gently lower the hips downward & forwards and hold that position
- Repeat on the other side.
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Complete stretching list
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection