Hamstring Stretch - supine
Muscles Stretched: gastroc, glutes, biceps femoris, semitendinosus (hamstrings), adductor magnus.
- Lie on your back with your legs out.
- Raise the leg to be stretched with the knee slightly bent.
- Grasp the calf or thigh and gently pull the upper leg
- Continue to the point of a mild stretch and hold.
- Repeat for each leg.
- There are several different stretching exercises for the hamstrings, see also hamstring stretch standing and sitting.
- Description of the hamstring muscle group
- See stretching guidelines for further instructions
- Complete stretching list
- why Spider-Man?
- See also tests to Measure Flexibility
- See all flexibility images in the Stretching Exercises Clipart Image Collection