Do you want to know about all the sports starting with the letter 'm'? Here are all the 'M' sports from over 800 sports listed on our complete list of sports. Modern Pentathlon is a great Olympic sport, but competitors would be no match for Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). DOn't forget the very demanding Motocross, plus many other motorcycle sports.
There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'M'. If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Mallakhamba — a traditional Indian sport, where athletes perform various types of gymnastics moves and hold various poses on a vertical wooden pole or a rope.
- Marathon — a distance running athletics event over 42.2 km.
- Marching Band — a large team of participants play musical instruments as they perform various routines while moving around on a huge outdoor field.
- Mas Wrestling — participants sit and face each other with their feet braced against a board and each with both hands on a stick. The aim is to pull the other player over to your side.
- Matkot — a beach paddle sport from Israel that is very similar to beach tennis. Also called Frescobol.
- Metallic Silhouette Shooting — players compete to test their skills by shooting at silhouette metal targets.
- Metro Footy — a modified version of Australian football played on a rectangular field, predominantly in the USA.
- Middle Distance — a set of track and field running events over distances such as 800m, 1500m, not a sprint and not an endurance race.
- Military Pentathlon — a competition involving a shooting phase, obstacle run, obstacle swimming, grenade throwing, and cross-country running.
- Mind Sports — a family of sports in which the objective is to test mental strength rather than physical strength. Some may be considered actual sports such as speed cubing, while others not (memory, chess).
- Minigolf or Miniature Golf — a game utilizing only the putting aspect of Golf, played on short holes on artificial putting surfaces often with obstacles. Officially called minigolf, but also can be called by the name miniature golf, mini-golf, midget golf, goofy golf, shorties, extreme golf, put-put, crazy golf, adventure golf, mini-putt and many others.
- Mini Rugby — a modified version for Rugby Union, to make the sport suitable to be introduced to children.
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) — a full-contact individual combat sport that includes aspects of several other combat sports and martial arts.
- Modern Pentathlon — an Olympic sport that comprises five events: fencing, 200m freestyle swimming, show jumping, and a combined event of pistol shooting and 3200m cross country run.
- Mogul Skiing — snow skiers compete on a specially designed downhill course, in which the primary focus is on the technique used for turns, aerial maneuvers, and speed.
- Mölkky — players use a wooden pin (also called "mölkky") to try to knock over wooden pins.
- Mongolian Wrestling — a folk wrestling style from the Mongolian region, in which the aim is to get your opponent to touch his upper body, knee or elbow to the ground.
- Moscow Broomball — a variation of Broomball, an ice hockey type sport, played in Moscow and only by non-Russians.
- Motoball — similar to football, except all players (except goalkeepers) are riding motorcycles, and the ball is much bigger (also called Motorcycle Polo).
- Motocross — a form of motorcycle racing held on enclosed off-road circuits which include embankments and jumps. See also Freestyle Motocross.
- Motorcycling Road Racing — a motorcycle sport involving racing motorcycles as teams or individuals around a circular track. At the elite level it is in the form of MotoGP racing. Also known as Moto racing and Bike racing.
- Motorcycle Gymkhana — a motorcycle time trial sport around cones on a paved area. The winner is the competitor who completes the course in the shortest time. Time penalties are incurred by putting a foot down, hitting a cone, or going outside the designated area. It is similar to car Autocross.
- Motorcycle Sidecar Racing — rider and a passenger compete in custom-built vehicles.
- Motorcycle Speedway — a Motorsport in which the motorcycles have one gear and no brakes, and race around a circular track. Also commonly known by just Speedway. Variations include Ice Speedway.
- Motorcycle Trials — a test of skill on a motorcycle whereby the rider attempts to cover rocky terrain without placing a foot on the ground. The winner is the rider with the least penalty points. Known in the USA as "Observed Trials".
- Motorsports — includes a wide range of sports, each linked with its use of a motor to propel a driver, and all have an element of thrill and danger for the driver and spectator.
- Mountain Biking — held on steep and rough terrain, involving jumps, rock gardens, and other obstacles.
- Mountain Unicycling — an adventure sport that consists of traversing rough terrain on a unicycle.
- Mountainboarding — an action board sport like a snowboard with wheels or a cross-country skateboard. It is also known as Dirtboarding, Offroad Boarding, and All-Terrain Boarding (ATB).
- Mountaineering — the sport of mountain climbing.
- Mounted Orienteering — participants navigate from start to end through control points, usually on horseback.
- Muay Thai — a full-contact fighting sport in which fighters try to defeat their opponents by using different techniques that make use of fists, elbows, knees, and shins.
- Mud Bogging — an off-road motorsport that involves driving a vehicle through a muddy course.
- Muggle Quidditch — the playable version of the sport of Quidditch invented for the Harry Potter books.
L Sports <--- Compete List ----> N Sports
- Alphabetical list of all sports