Here are all the 'J' sports from over 800 sports listed on our complete list of sports. Jogging is something that many people do, but it is not really a sport. How about Joggling, it's a sport but very unusal - jogging and juggling combined! How about Judo and Jujutsu, a couple of J martial art sports.
There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'J'. If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
- Jai Alai — a sport derived from Basque Pelota, usually played indoors. Popular in many Latin American countries.
- Javelin — track and field event involving throwing a spear-like implement as far as possible.
- Jereed — a traditional Turkish team equestrian sport in which the objective is to throw blunt wooden javelins at players of the opposing team.
- Jet Ski Racing — a water sport similar to powerboat racing, in which riders use jet skis to compete.
- Jetsprint — a high-speed boat racing sport in which a team of two riders, race through a course by themselves in a time-trial format (also known as sprint boat racing).
- Jeu Provençal (Boule Lyonnaise) — a popular French form of Boules, where the objective is to throw a set of hollow metal balls as close as possible to a target ball.
- Jianzi — a traditional Chinese national sport, where players aim to keep a shuttlecock-type object in the air by kicking it, usually played with a net between teams. Also called Shuttlecock.
- Joggling — running (jogging) races while juggling.
- Jokgu — a Korean sport that resembles a mix of football and volleyball.
- Jorkyball — a type of indoor soccer played between teams of two on a small rectangular field surrounded by glass walls.
- Judo — the objective is to throw or takedown the opposing player to the ground.
- Jugger — a brutal sport inspired by the movie “The Salute of the Jugger”, the objective is for the team to get to the other team’s foam dog skull.
- Jiu-Jitsu / Jujutsu — a Japanese martial art using close combat for defeating an armed and armored opponent, with only a short weapon or none at all.
- Jukskei — a folk sport from South Africa where competitors throw wooden pins to try and knock down a target wooden peg.
- Alphabetical list of all sports