There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'V'. If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
- Vajra-mushti — an Indian martial art in which a knuckleduster-like weapon called the Vajra-mushti is employed.
- Valencian Frontó — modified Valencian Pilota version of the original Basque Pelota game. The players don't stand face-to-face as in the more popular Valencian Pilota but share a common playing area.
- Valencian Pilota — is a traditional handball sport played in the Valencian Community of Spain. The ball is usually struck with a bare hand in a game involving two teams made from two up to five players each (depending on the particular version played). Unlike the original Basque Pelota, it is not played against a wall. Instead, teams are placed face to face separated either by a line on the ground or a net. Versions include Valencian Frontó.
- Varpa — an old outdoor game dating back to the Viking Age. It is similar to boules but played with a flat and heavy thrower known as "varpa" instead of balls, once made of shaped stones but nowadays aluminum is more popular.
- Varzesh-e Bastani — a traditional Iranian martial arts. The sport is practiced in a gymnasium called Zourkhaneh, which is another name by which the sport is known. Also called Varzesh-e Pahlavani.
- Vault — an artistic gymnastics event for men and women, in which the athlete leaps over a vault or pommel horse, using the hands for pushing off.
- Vert Skateboarding — an acrobatic sport in which athletes riding a skateboard perform various tricks while being airborne.
- Vert Skating — acrobatic inline or roller skating sport performed on a ramp.
- Vigoro — an Australian sport that combines elements of Cricket and Baseball, mainly played by women. Played on a pitch shorter than for cricket, with a bat with a long handle like a paddle.
- Vintage Racing — a form of Auto-Racing, with vehicles limited to Vintage types.
- Volleyball — a game for two teams of six players, in which a large ball is hit by hand over a high net, the aim being to score points by making the ball reach the ground on the opponent's side of the court. See also Beach Volleyball. Similar sports and variations include Throwball, Newcomb Ball.
- Vovinam — a Vietnamese martial art.
- Vx — a ball sport from the UK, originally known as Rock-It-Ball. It is played by two teams of five players. The court is roughly the size of a basketball court, with 5 balls in play. Players carry a VstiX for carrying, throwing and catching the ball.
- Alphabetical list of all sports