Do you want to know about all the sports starting with the letter 'H'? Here are all the 'H' sports from over 800 sports listed on our complete list of sports.
There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'H'. If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
- Half-Pipe Skiing — athletes perform tricks while riding on a half-pipe wearing snow skis.
- Hammer throw — an Olympic track and field event in which a heavy weight at the end of a wire is thrown for distance.
- Handball — a sport usually played indoors between teams of seven players, who pass a ball to throw it into the goal of the other team. Also known as Team Handball, Olympic Handball, European (Team) handball or Borden Ball. Variations include Beach Handball, Czech Handball and Field Handball.
- Hang Gliding — a type of air sport in which the rider flies a non-motorized aircraft called a hang glider.
- Hardball Squash — like the indoor court sport of squash, but with a much harder ball.
- Hare Coursing — hares are chased by greyhounds using their sight rather than scent. (not a sport).
- Harness Racing — horses trot or pace while pulling a driver in a sulky.
- Headis — combining table tennis and soccer, players use their heads to hit a soccer ball across the table tennis table and net.
- Heptathlon — a women's track and field multi-event comprising 7 events.
- High Diving — athletes dive into the water from considerably large heights.
- High Jump — an Olympic Track and Field event in which the participants attempt to jump over the highest bar.
- High Power Rifle — shooting competition using rifles such as the service rifle.
- Hill Climb — riding on a motorcycle, one competitor at a time attempts to ride up a very steep hill. The rider to reach the top (if anyone makes it) with the shortest elapsed time wins. There is also a car version of this sport, Hillclimbing.
- Hillclimbing — car drivers race on an uphill course in a time trial format.
- Hitball — an indoor team sport from Italy in which players strike the volleyball-sized ball into the opponent’s goal post only using the upper limbs.
- Hockey — a large range of indoor and outdoor team sports that involves hitting a ball into a net. See Ice Hockey and Field Hockey.
- Horizontal Bar — artistic gymnastics event also known as high bar, where athletes perform aerial stunts on a horizontal bar.
- Hornussen — a traditional Swiss sport (farmer's golf), where the hornusser knocks a nut through the air with a long flexible rod.
- Horse Polo — the traditional polo sport. Polo is also played on other animals such as Elephants and Yaks.
- Horse Pulling — one or two horses harnessed to a weighted sled pull for the greatest distance.
- Horse Racing — equestrian sport that involves jockeys riding horses or being pulled along by horses.
- Horse Soccer — a variation of Pushball, a team sport where an inflated ball is driven through a goal while riding a horse.
- Horseball — like a combination of Polo, Rugby and Basketball, played on horseback where a ball is carried and shot through a high net to score. A similar sport is Pato.
- Horseback Archery — shooting arrows at targets while riding a horse.
- Horseshoes — players toss horseshoes at stakes in the ground.
- Hot Air Ballooning — see Ballooning.
- Hovercraft Racing — racing events usually done on tracks, just like auto racing, but part of the track is water and there is some part which is grass.
- Hunting — an activity that involves tracking and killing animals with various weapons (not a sport?).
- Hurdles (Track and Field) — a track and field sport that involves running and jumping over obstacles at speed.
- Hurling — a Gaelic outdoor team sport where players use a wooden stick to hit a ball between the opposing team's goalposts.
- Hydroplane Racing — racing of hydroplanes on an oval course mostly on lakes or rivers.
- Alphabetical list of all sports