Here are all the 'D' sports from over 800 sports listed on our complete list of sports. A double-D sport such as Demolition Derby is always a great example of a D sport. A more sedate D sport is Darts. The future of sports may well be Drone Racing.
There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'D' . If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
- Dancesport — Dancesport is the competitive form of Ballroom and Latin Dancing, in which contestants perform dances before judges.
- Dandi Biyo — a game from Nepal played with two sticks; the long stick is used to strike the shorter one in the air.
- Danish Longball — a bat and ball game developed in Denmark, like a hybrid of baseball and cricket.
- Dartchery — a combination of darts and archery, using bows and arrows typically used for archery, but the target is a dartboard.
- Darts — a throwing game in which small missiles are thrown at a target, which is called a dartboard.
- Daur Hockey — another name for Beikou Tarkbei — an old Chinese sport similar to field hockey.
- Deadlifting — a powerlifting event where participants lift a loaded barbell off the ground to the hips, and then lower it back to the ground.
- Deaf Basketball — basketball that is played by deaf people. Players use sign language to communicate with each other including the refs.
- Decathlon — track and field event comprising 10 events held over two days.
- Demolition Derby — involves drivers hammering their vehicles against each other.
- Digor — a sport from Bhutan in which a pair of spherical flat stones are hurled at two targets fixed in the ground 20 meters apart.
- Disc Dog — dog frisbee competitions of distance catching and choreographed freestyle catching.
- Disc Golf — golf using a frisbee disc, the objective is to traverse a course from start to end with the fewest number of throws.
- Disc Sports — various sports or games played using flying discs (frisbees).
- Discus — track and field event where athletes attempt to throw a heavy disc object far as they can.
- Diving — an aquatic sport where athletes dive into the water from a raised launch pad, while performing acrobatic movements.
- Dodgeball — two teams throw balls at each other while trying to avoid the balls.
- Dog Agility — dogs have to navigate through a course that has various types of obstacles under the direction of a handler. (not a sport).
- Dog Racing — greyhounds chase a lure around a track.
- Dog Sledding — teams of dogs pull a sled with the driver.
- Dog Sports — general term for sporting activities that involve dogs (which are mostly not even sports).
- Downhill Skiing — participants slide down a snow-covered hill using skis with fixed bindings.
- Downhill Mountain Biking — biking sport that is held on steep and rough terrain.
- Drag boat racing — drag racing that is held on the water with boats.
- Drag racing — automobiles or motorcycles race down a straight track.
- Dragon Boat Racing — a paddling sport using a long boat with many paddlers.
- Dressage — an equestrian sport in which riders and horses perform from memory a series of predetermined events.
- Drifting — car drivers take corners at speed and the back wheels slide out, and are judged according to the speed, angle, showmanship and line taken through a corner.
- Drone Racing — competitors race with specially built multi-rotor drones around a natural or specifically designed course (not a sport).
- Drunken Boxing (or Drunkard's Boxing or Zui Quan). It is a concept in traditional Chinese martial arts.
- Duathlon — similar to triathlon, running first, then cycling, then running again.
- Duckpin bowling — a type of 10-pin bowling, though with smaller balls.
- Dumog — a Filipino style of wrestling while standing upright.
- Alphabetical list of all sports