Paris France will be the host city for the 2024 Olympic Games. Paris has previously been an Olympic host city in 1900 and 1924, therefore 2024 will mark 100 years since they last hosted the event. Paris will become the second city to host the Olympics three times (the other is London).
The Paris 2024 Olympic Games are expected to take place from July 26 until August 11, 2024. The 2024 Paralympic Games are due to follow from August 28 until September 8.
In December 2020, the sports of breakdancing, sport climbing, skateboarding and surfing were confirmed as the additional sports on the program, with breakdancing making its Olympic debut. See more about the Paris 2024 Sports.
- The mascots for the Paris 2024 Olympics are Olympic Phryge and Paralympic Phryge. They are based on the Phrygian cap, a symbol of the French Republic, and freedom. The Paralympic Phryge has a prosthesis and a racing blade.
- Paris will become the second city to host the Olympics three times (the other is London).
- Paris last hosted the Summer Olympics in 1924, therefore 2024 will mark 100 years since.
- Paris 2024 will become the sixth Olympic Games hosted by France (three each in summer & winter).
- In a break from tradition, the River Seine will serve as the venue of the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, with athletes set to travel in boats during a six-kilometre route during the spectacle.
- Ukraine is considering whether to boycott Paris 2024 if Russian and Belarusian athletes are allowed to compete.
- Olympic Village Food Service in Paris 2024
- About the previous Games in Tokyo 2020 and the next in LA 2028
- About the Paris Olympic Games in 1900 and 1924
- All about the participation of France at the Olympic Games
- 2024 Paris Paralympic Games
- About Sport in France