Here are all the 'U' sports from over 800 sports listed on our complete list of sports. There are many Unicycling Sports, you just have to jump on a unicycle and play sport. In gymnastics, there is the Uneven Bars.
There were too many to describe on just one page, so here we have a short description of just the sports starting with the letter 'U'. If there is a sport missing or some information is incorrect, please make a comment below.
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Ulama — a traditional ball sport from Mexico, players keep the ball inbounds by hitting it with their hips or forearms.
- Ultimate — played with a disc (frisbee), with points scored by passing the disc to a teammate in the opposing end zone.
- Ultralight Aviation — events with lightweight aircraft which have 1 or 2 seat fixed-wings.
- Ultramarathon — very long-distance endurance events, ranging from greater than Marathon distance to several days. Ultramarathons can either cover a specified distance, or take place during a specified time frame, with the winner covering the most distance in that time.
- Underwater Football — played in a swimming pool with snorkeling equipment, the aim is to maneuver a slightly negatively buoyant ball underwater (by carrying and passing) from one side of a pool to the other. Scoring is achieved by placing the ball in the gutter on the side of the pool.
- Underwater Hockey — two teams of six push a puck along the bottom of a swimming pool. (also known as 'Octopush' or Water Hockey).
- Underwater Ice Hockey — A variation of Ice Hockey played upside-down underneath frozen pools or ponds. Participants wear snorkeling equipment and wet suits and use the underside of the frozen surface as the playing area for a floating puck (also called sub-aqua ice hockey).
- Underwater Orienteering — individual and team events in which competitors wearing scuba diving equipment swim an underwater course following a route marked on a map prepared by the competition organizers, using a compass and a counter meter to measure the distance covered.
- Underwater Photography — teams of competitors using scuba gear and using a digital underwater camera dive and photograph the same saltwater ocean sites at the same time over a two-day period, with the submitted digital images assessed to find the winner.
- Underwater Rugby — two teams compete for a slightly negatively buoyant ball (filled with saltwater) and score by placing it into the opponents' goal (heavy metal bucket) at the bottom of a swimming pool.
- Underwater Target Shooting — competitors free dive in a swimming pool, using spearguns to fire at targets.
- Underwater Wrestling — an alternative name for Aquathlon.
- Uneven Bars — an artistic gymnastics apparatus used only by female gymnasts comprising a pair of parallel bars set at different heights (also called asymmetric bars).
- Unicycle Basketball — a version of Basketball with all competitors riding unicycles. The sport uses a regulation basketball on a regular basketball court with the same rules.
- Unicycle Handball — competitors ride unicycles and a handball-sized ball, with the aim to throw it into a vertical hoop placed about 6 feet (1.8 m) above the ground.
- Unicycle Hockey — a team sport, similar to roller or inline hockey, though all competitors are riding a unicycle and using a tennis ball and ice-hockey sticks.
- Unicycling Racing — a competition that involves racing using a unicycle.
- Unicycle Trials — a form of unicycling that involves participants riding a unicycle over obstacles without any part of the rider touching the ground.
- Unicycling — sports using a single-wheel cycle.
- Urban Golf — golf played anywhere that there's free space and not too many people about.
T Sports <--- Compete List ----> V Sports
- Alphabetical list of all sports