You do not need to have a full gym of expensive exercise equipment to have an effective training program. There are many effective exercise activities that rely only on your bodyweight to provide resistance, such as these 3 Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do Anywhere.
Benefits of Bodyweight Workouts
- Save money – you don't need to spend money on buying weights and equipment.
- Workout Anywhere - with body weight exercises you can workout everywhere.
- Reduce Injuries - the probability for injuries is lower using bodyweight exercises.
Some Bodyweight Exercises
Here are some simple bodyweight exercises that anyone can do, with a list if the major muscle groups that they target.
- Push-ups — chest, arms and core muscles
- Dips — triceps, chest
- Wall squats — quads, hamstrings, buttocks and posture
- Crunches — abdominals
- Supine Bridge — core muscles
- Plank — core muscles
- Side lying bridge — down phasing obliques
- Horizontal pull ups — upper back, arms
- Step ups — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Squats — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Lunges — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Burpees — whole body
- Star jumps — whole body
- Jumping jacks — whole body
- More Fitness Training Workouts
- Staying fit with a home workout
- Home Exercise List
- Portable Home Workout Products — easy to carry and easy to store home workout products.
- Random Workout Generator — try the circuit workout dice.
- Yoga Workouts
- Free Exercise!