You do not need to have a full gym of expensive exercise equipment to have an effective training program. There are many effective exercise activities that rely only on your bodyweight to provide resistance, such as these 3 Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do Anywhere.
Benefits of Bodyweight Workouts
- Save money – you don't need to invest money on buying weights and other expensive gym equipment.
- Workout Anywhere – with body weight exercises you can workout virtually anywhere.
- Reduce Injuries – the probability for injuries is lower using bodyweight exercises.
- Balanced Muscle Development – Bodyweight workouts often engage multiple muscle groups simultaneously, leading to balanced muscle development and functional strength.
- Low Impact – Most bodyweight exercises are low impact, meaning they put less stress on the joints compared to some traditional weightlifting exercises, reducing the risk of injuries.
- Time-Efficient – Bodyweight workouts can be structured to be short and intense, allowing for effective workouts even when time is limited. Also, as you can perform these exercises anywhere, there is no time required to travel to and from a gym.
Some Bodyweight Exercises
Here are some simple bodyweight exercises that anyone can do, with a list if the major muscle groups that they target.
- Push-ups — chest, arms and core muscles
- Dips — triceps, chest
- Wall squats — quads, hamstrings, buttocks and posture
- Crunches — abdominals
- Supine Bridge — core muscles
- Plank — core muscles
- Side lying bridge — down phasing obliques
- Horizontal pull ups — upper back, arms
- Step ups — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Squats — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Lunges — quads, hammies and buttocks
- Burpees — whole body
- Star jumps — whole body
- Jumping jacks — whole body
- Some Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do Anywhere!
- How At-Home Calisthenics Can Take Your Sports Performance to the Next Level
- Staying fit with a home workout
- Home Exercise List
- Portable Home Workout Products — easy to carry and easy to store home workout products.
- Random Workout Generator — try the circuit workout dice.
- More Fitness Training Workouts
- Yoga Workouts
- Free Exercise!