The Side Plank or Side Bridge is an exercise for strengthening the core muscle groups. This exercise is part of the 7-minute workout. This exercise is also part of the home fitness program, fitness you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: none
- Lie on your right side on a mat, with your legs straight and your left leg stacked directly on top of the right.
- Keeping your ankles, knees, hips, and trunk in a straight line, push your weight up on your bent right elbow, which should be directly under your shoulder.
- Lift your hips, knees, and trunk off the mat.
- Hold this position for a set time, for up to a minute. For the the 7-minute workout you hold this position for 15 seconds, then switch sides for another 15 seconds.
- Repeat for both sides.
- The Side Ramp fitness test uses the same technique
- The side plank is one of the 3 Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do Anywhere!
- More of fitness at home