This exercise is part of the home fitness program, fitness you can do at home with minimal equipment. All you need is a wall to lean against, and a stopwatch to time yourself. If you have bad knees, don't go too low.
Equipment Required: a wall, stopwatch.
- Lean with your back against the wall and your feet about two feet away.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor and about shoulder width apart
- Bend your knees slightly and hold for 10 seconds.
- Bend deeper and hold 10 seconds.
- Continue until you've hit five different positions, the last position as low as you can go.
Key points to remember
- Don't hold your breath
- Keep looking straight ahead
- Increase the intensity by pausing for a longer period in each position
- See also the similar home Squat Exercise
- Wall Sit — holding the sitting position for 30 seconds, part of the 7-minute workout
- More of fitness at home
- Gym Exercises - the Squat
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store
- Squats with dumbbells
- Squats at the beach
- Squats during pregnancy
- Are squats bad for your knees? - the squat myth
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.