The jumping jack is a simple bodyweight aerobic exercise, involving jumping on the spot while coordinating the swinging of the arms and legs. This test is part of the 7-minute workout. There is also a similar exercise called the star jump.
Equipment Required: none
- Start by standing with your legs spread and your hands touching overhead.
- Jump into the air, simultaneously bringing your legs together and pull the arms down to your sides.
- Without resting, jump again and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 30 seconds
Key points to remember
- Use a nice fluid motion
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back straight and your head up, looking straight ahead.
- You could change the synchronization of the arms and legs so that when the arms go down as the legs go out, it doesn't matter.
- Increase the intensity by jumping higher and/or increasing the tempo.
- There is also a similar exercise called the star jump.
- The 7-minute workout
- body weight exercises
- Jumping Jacks are used for the Heart Rate Maximizer Fitness Test
- Other fitness exercises for at home
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.