How to do a Burpee
The burpee is a simple whole-body aerobic exercise, involving a combination of push-ups and leaping in the air. The Burpee is also sometimes called the Squat Thrust & Jump. This exercise is part of workout dice.
Equipment Required: none
- Start by standing erect with the arms by the side, feet should-width apart.
- Bend the knees, squatting down to place the hands on the floor in front of the feet.
- Putting the bodyweight on the hands, the legs are thrust back to a push-up position with a straight line from the shoulders to the heels.
- Next pull the legs back and return to the squatting position
- Jump back to the starting standing position.
Sample Burpee Workout
- Do 15 Burpees to complete 1 set, do 2-3 sets with a couple of minutes between sets.
- Body weight exercises
- Other fitness exercises for at home
- Workout dice — random exercise generator
- The Burpee Fitness Test