What is Strength?
Sports Definition: the ability to carry out work against a resistance.
Strength is the maximal force you can apply against a load. Training to improve muscle strength includes lifting weights or otherwise increasing the resistance against which you work.
Who Needs Strength?
Strength is one of the main fitness components, important for success in many sports. Certain sports, such as weight lifting, wrestling and weight throwing, it is the most important physical attribute. In many other sports, including team sports like rugby, good strength is also very important as part of the overall fitness profile. A vote of the top sports requiring strength has the obvious sport of weightlifting ranked highest. See also another list ranking sports in which strength is important.
Strength and Fitness Training Articles
- How To Improve Your Strength — follow the principles of strength traning, and follow these guidelines for setting up a strength training program.
- A guide to Bodybuilding
- Guide to Lifting Weights — 5 Golden Rules
- Gym Guide for Novices
- Success with Strength Training — follow these basic principles.
- Maximizing your strength workouts — make changes to get the same benefits in half the time.
- The Important Role of Resting During Your Strength Workouts
- How to Combine Intermittent Fasting and Weight Training for Maximum Results — guide to show you how intermittent fasting and weightlifting can help you achieve your fitness goals quicker.
- Resistance Training Programs — information about weight programs you can do.
- Adding Strength Training To Your Daily Routine — top-10 reasons.
- Top-10 Resistance Training Tips
- Progressive Overload: The Simple Truth About Resistance Training — to make sure you don't waste time at the gym, don't forget the simple principle of progressive loading.
- Resistance training exercises — guide to good technique for a large range of exercises.
- Reps in Reserve (RIR) — how many more strength lifts can you do?
- 1RM Max — what's the maximal weight you can lift with one repetition?
- Strength Training Equipment
- Fitness Testing for strength and power
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store