If you like to keep in shape but you travel a lot for work, or don't have much storage space at home, you may want to have some of these great portable home workout products. Treadmills and exercise cycles are great for keeping fit at home, but they are not cheap and take up quite a bit of space in your home. Not to worry, there are many alternatives that are much cheaper and much easier to store. The portable nature of all of these tools means they are also great for travel.
You don't have to make compromises to your fitness training by working out a home. You can still find the right product to help you achieve your goals. Plus, there are many benefits to working out at home too. Saving on time driving to and from the gym means you can have more time to work out, plus you don't have to wait in line to use any equipment. You can do your exercise at anytime, whenever it best suits you.
There is a large range of portable home fitness equipment options to consider regardless of what your fitness goals are. In addition to the portability of this equipment, you need to consider price, storage, versatility, usefulness, and quality.
If you want to increase strength
To improve strength with exercises around the house, all you need is to create the resistance. Bodyweight exercises are a start, but you can add resistance with household objects and dumbbells, or purchased resistance bands.
- Dumbbells — hand-held weights that are great for light toning, intermediate strength training and building muscles. A large range of dumbbell weights can be purchased. There are even lightweight dumbbell-shaped water bottles - fill them up with water and you have your instant exercise device.
- Portable Home Gym — there are numerous kits that provide a range of exercises you can do at home. The features of these kits is that a large range of exercises can be done, but it packs away small.
- Resistance Bands — elastic rubber bands of variable strength that can be used to pull against as a form of resistance.
If you want cardiovascular improvements
For cardiovascular improvements, there are many options. As an alternative to running or cycling on an ergometer, you can do something similar by running on the spot, jumping rope and stepping up and down.
- Jump Rope — offers very challenging cardiovascular fitness workouts at a very low price.
- Step Bench — can be used for both cardio workouts and strength training workouts.
- Fitness Ball — provides exercise options for toning, strengthening and stretching. With the ball you can get an upper-body workout, a lower body workout, very challenging abdominal workout and a stretching/flexibility workout.
Also, don't underestimate what you can do with things that are already in your house. There are a lot of exercises that require no equipment at all. For example, push-ups, triceps dips, squats, calf raises, etc. You can even create your own "weights" through milk jugs filled with water or sand. Check out our list of bodyweight exercises, or exercises using stuff you already have around the home.
- Fitness Products
- Home Fitness Training Programs
- How To Stay Fit While Working From Home
- Home Workout Routine
- Body Weight Exercise List.
- Dumbbell Exercise List
- Treadmills in the fitness store.
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store.