The Plank, also known as the Prone Bridge, is a simple bodyweight core strength exercise, requiring no equipment other than a stopwatch to time yourself. This exercise is part of the 7-minute workout.
Equipment Required: none
- Lie on your stomach on an exercise mat, with your elbows close to your sides, palms down and fingers facing forward.
- Rest your weight on your elbows and your feet, with toes tucked toward shins
- Lift your torso and thighs off the floor, keeping your body straight.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Key points to remember
- Don't hold your breath
- The 7-minute workout
- body weight exercises
- Other fitness exercises for at home
- The Plank Fitness Test