This exercise is part of the home fitness program, fitness exercises you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: 2 x large books
- Select two books of the same size which give you the height required.
- Place the books on the ground about shoulder width apart.
- Lie face down on the floor with your hands on the books.
- Push-up until your arms are straight, keeping you back and legs straight. This is the starting position.
- Lower your body until your chest reaches the level of the books, and then return to the starting position.
Key points to remember
- Make sure you move in a nice fluid motion.
- As an alternative to increase difficulty, try elevating your feet by placing the toes of your feet on a stable, elevated surface such as a bench, bed, chair or a step.
- Moving your hands wider apart or closer together changes the degree of difficulty and stresses different muscle groups.
- See the general push-up description
- See the gym Bench Press Exercise
- The home push up is one of the 3 Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do Anywhere!
- Other bodyweight exercises
- More of fitness at home
- A Simple Push-Up Fitness Test that can be done at home
- Push up fitness tests
- World Records for Push Ups
- Similar beach exercises: push-up, incline push-up, wall press
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.