Most Popular Fitness Tests for Each Component of Fitness
There are over 300 fitness tests described on this site, sorted by fitness category and type of tests. For each category of tests there are many possible tests that can be conducted. Using the website traffic to the pages on this site, we have determined the most popular test in each category.
- Aerobic Tests: The most popular test in this category is the Beep Test. The most popular walking or running test is the Cooper 12-minute Run Test. The most popular step test is the Harvard Step Test.
- Strength: Handgrip
- Strength Endurance: Pushup test, do as many push-ups as possible until exhaustion
- Speed: Sprint Tests are most popular for measuring speed, the 20m sprint distance the most popular.
- Anaerobic Power: Vertical Jump
- Anaerobic Capacity: the 300m run is the most popular test of aerobic capacity, out of the lab tests it is the Wingate test.
- Agility: Illinois Agility Run
- Anthropometry: Skinfolds
- Flexibility: Sit and Reach
- Balance: Stork Test
- Coordination: Wall-Toss Test
- Reaction Time: Stick reaction time
- Health Related: Lung peak flow test
- Questionnaires: PARQ
- Sport Specific Testing: Soccer
- Psychological Assessment: Profile of Mood States (POMS) Questionnaire
- Skill Testing: Soccer
- The list of more tests to add.
- Athlete Results of Fitness Tests and World Bests
- Skill Testing — sporting tests of skill
- Psychological Testing
- Physical Challenges