On this site we have a huge list of fitness tests, mainly used for testing athletes. Our list of health tests can also form part of the testing protocol for athletes, or used in 'fit for work' health assessments. For successful performance, it is important for the athlete to not only have good physical fitness, but also to be free from illness and other limitations.
These health aspects are not directly related to successful performance, but can still play a significant part.
The interpretation of health related tests require a medical practitioner or someone trained in a similar area, so that the results are interpreted in the correct manner.
These health related tests are included in many fitness testing protocols to ensure the athletes do not have any disease that may be limiting performance, or reducing training load, or would exclude them from further testing.
Health Related Tests for Athletes
- Bruce Treadmill Test
- Balke Treadmill Test
- Gender Testing — male or female?
- Hydration measurement
- RESTQ-76 — athlete stress questionnaire
- Lung Function
- Posture Testing
- Concussion Testing
- Blood tests
- Drug Testing — looking for dopers
- Heart Rate Variability — monitoring stress and recovery
- Vision Tests — testing eye function
- About Health Testing and a list of Health & Medical Tests
- Measurements in Sports Medicine
- Fitness Test list
- Healthy Eating