A collection of resources for sports dietitians and other nutrition professionals who work with athletes, or students who desire to become one.
Resources for Sports Dietitians
- How to conduct a cooking class for athletes, plus example menus
- How to conduct a shopping tour
- Food label reading exercise — participants find different food items on the shelves and then answer questions about them.
- Supermarket Shopping Tour Scavenger Hunt — a great way to engage younger athletes during a supermarket shopping tour.
- Healthy Lunch on a Budget Task — another exercise you can do on a supermarket shopping tour.
- Working with a sport physician — it is important that the sports dietitians and sports physicians work well together with the common goal of supporting the athletes.
- List of Sports Nutrition Associations
- Sports Nutrition Books
- Sport Science Conferences
Resources for Students
- What Services Does A Sports Dietitian Provide?
- Do you want a career in sports nutrition?
- My Career as a Sports Dietitian — what I do (by Clare Wood)
- Sports nutrition courses — courses around the world
- Sports Nutrition Books — Sport nutrition guides
- Science Fair Project Ideas — for sports nutrition projects.
Downloads and Tools
- Nutrition Downloads — including a downloadable Food Diary and information about how to keep one.
- Nutrition Calculators — calculate calories burned etc. including BMI Calculators to calculate your Body Mass Index.
Resources for Athletes
- Athlete Cookbooks — cookbooks for the athlete.
- Sports Nutrition Myths — sorting the truth from the fiction.
- Sports Nutrition Products — sports nutrition items available online.
- Athlete Recipes — meals for athletes.
- Quotes — serious and funny quotes about sports nutrition.
- Sports Nutrition Tips — basic nutritional tips for the sports person.
- Nutrition Glossary — definitions of nutrition terms.
- Nutrition Quizzes — test your nutrition knowledge.
- Sign-up for the Sports Nutrition Newsletter
- Health and Nutrition Educational Resources
- Weight loss tips
- Sport Science Conference Calendar
- Individualized Diet Plan — get a diet plan designed just for you (not currently available)