Exercise for Weight Loss
The aim of fitness training for many people is to lose weight. There is a lot of advice about losing weight which can get confusing. Along with dietary changes, exercise should be an important part of any weight loss program.
For some people, just a small increase in activity can help tip the scales so that you are consuming more energy than you are taking in your food. Simple steps such as walking or cycling instead of taking your car, climbing stairs rather than taking the elevator, playing with your kids, going out dancing or joining a sports team can make the difference, and it can be fun too.
Low or High Intensity Exercise?
- Walking for weight loss Why you shouldn't do it
- What Do You Mean Low-Intensity Training Isn't The Best For Fat Burning?
- The Cardio Question — using cardiovascular exercise to lose weight
- Lose Weight Cycling — using bike riding for weight loss and other health benefits.
- Lose weight while doing nothing — Not really losing weight by doing nothing, but indirectly by changing your metabolism through exercise.
- Being Active at all Sizes — guidelines for activity for weight loss for overweight women.
Weight training for weight loss
Most of think of running or performing other cardiovascular exercise for weight loss, and the many article here attest to that, but it is not the only way. Resistance training can be an important component of any training program for weight loss, as shown in these articles.
- Follow the Path of MOST Resistance! — another article on using resistance exercise for weight loss.
- Crunch Not Munch — break the snacking cycle with these exercise alternatives to snacks.