The key to a successful training program is surrounding yourself with the right support and equipment. These articles will help you when buying and using fitness equipment.
Strength Training Equipment
- Ab Roller — a small piece of exercise equipment designed to strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles.
- Barbell — a long, straight metal bar used in weightlifting and strength training exercises.
- Dumbbells — a short bar with a weight on each end.
- EZ Curl Bar — similar to a straight barbell, but has angled grips that make it more comfortable to grip and allow for a wider range of motion.
- Grip Strength Trainer — used to increase strength of the hand and forearm.
- Kettlebells — heavy weights that resemble a cannonball with a handle on top.
- Lat Pulldown Machine — a long bar attached to a cable and pulley system, with an adjustable seat and thigh pads.
- Leg Curl Machine — a padded bench and a lever with padded rollers, allowing the user to lie face down and curl their legs.
- Leg Extension Machine — a padded bench and a lever with padded rollers, allowing the user to sit and extend their legs against resistance.
- Leg Press Machine — a padded seat and backrest, and a footplate that allows the user to press the weight away from their body.
- Medicine Ball — a weighted ball made of rubber or leather and used for strength and conditioning exercises.
- Perfect Pushup — a push-up handle wchihc rotates
- Pull-Up Bar — a bar attached around a door frame so you can do a chin-up
- Squat Rack — a metal frame designed for performing various exercises, including squats, lunges, and shoulder presses
- Trap (Hex) Bar — a specialized weightlifting barbell that has a hexagonal shape which allows for more versatility in lifting movements.
- Weight Bench — a padded bench and a frame that allows for the attachment of various weights.
- Weight Plates — flat, circular metal plates with a hole in the center, used in weight training exercises.
- Weightlifting Belt — benefits of using a weightlifting belt, how to wear it, common mistakes to avoid, and tips for proper use.
- Weighted Vest
Guide to Using Weight Training Equipment
- Free Weights vs. Exercise Machines - which is better for strength development?
- Gym Equipment Guide for Novices
- For Sale: Heart rate monitors, pedometers, treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights
- For Sale Balance Trainers: Bosu Balls, Balance Trainers and Swiss Exercise Balls
- Choosing the Best Fitness Clothing — tips for choosing the right clothing for your workouts.
- More fitness products