The 1960 Olympic games were held in Rome, Italy. There were 17 sports on the program, the same events as the previous three Olympics.
List of sports for the 1960 Olympics
- Aquatics (Swimming, Diving and Water Polo)
- Cycling (Road & Track)
- Field Hockey
- Gymnastics (Artistic)
- Modern Pentathlon
- Weight Lifting
- Wrestling (Greco-Roman and Freestyle)
- list of sports for every Olympiad
- number of sports at each Olympiad
- The changes to the sports program for each Olympiad
- See details of sport selections
- About Discontinued Olympic Sports.
- How sports are selected for the Olympics