Los Angeles was the only bidding city for the 2028 Olympic Games, and was officially awarded the hosting rights in September 2017. LA has previously been an Olympic host city in 1932 and 1984. The Games will be held from July 14 - 30, 2028.
- Which sports? The initial list (in 2022) left off the list boxing, weightlifting and modern pentathlon subject to achieving certain criteria. Newly added sports are baseball-softball, cricket, flag football, lacrosse, and squash.
- The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will become the first stadium to have hosted the Summer Olympics three times (it also held events during the 1932 & 1984 Olympic Games).
- The starting date of July 14 will be the earliest in the year a Games has started for more than a century.
- About the previous Games in Paris 2024
- 2028 Paralympic Games in LA
- Complete list of Olympic host cities
- All about the participation of The USA at the Olympic Games
- About Sport in the USA