Los Angeles, 2028 Olympic Games
Los Angeles was the only bidding city for the 2028 Olympic Games, and was officially award the hosting right in September 2017. LA has previously been an Olympic host city in 1932 and 1984. The Games will be held from July 14 - 30, the earliest a Games has started for more than a century.
- Which sports? The initial list (2022) of the included sports are surfing, skateboarding, climbing, athletics, rowing, badminton, basketball, canoeing, cycling, equestrian, fencing, football, golf, gymnastics, handball, hockey, judo, wrestling, swimming, rugby sevens, taekwondo, tennis, table tennis, sport shooting, archery, triathlon, sailing and volleyball. Boxing, weightlifting and modern pentathlon have been left off the list subject to achieving certain criteria.
- The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will become the first stadium to have hosted the Summer Olympics three times (it also held events during the 1932 & 1984 Olympic Games).
- About the previous Games in Paris 2024
- 2028 Paralympic Games in LA
- Complete list of Olympic host cities
- All about the participation of The USA at the Olympic Games
- About Sport in the USA