Sports at the 1956 Olympic Games
The 1956 Olympic games were held in Melbourne, Australia. There were 17 sports on the program, the same as the previous two Olympics.
List of sports for the 1956 Olympics
- Aquatics (Swimming, Diving and Water Polo)
- Cycling (Road & Track)
- Field Hockey
- Gymnastics (Artistic)
- Modern Pentathlon
- Weight Lifting
- Wrestling (Greco-Roman and Freestyle)
- list of sports for every Olympiad
- number of sports at each Olympiad
- The changes to the sports program for each Olympiad
- See details of sport selections
- About Discontinued Olympic Sports.
- How sports are selected for the Olympics