Sports at the 1948 Olympic Games
The 1948 Olympic games were held in London, UK. There were 17 sports on the program, two less than the previous Olympic Games. The sports of polo and handball were dropped from the program.
List of sports for the 1948 Olympics
- Aquatics (Swimming, Diving and Water Polo)
- Cycling (Road & Track)
- Field Hockey
- Gymnastics (Artistic)
- Modern Pentathlon
- Weight Lifting
- Wrestling (Greco-Roman and Freestyle)
- list of sports for every Olympiad
- number of sports at each Olympiad
- The changes to the sports program for each Olympiad
- See details of sport selections
- About Discontinued Olympic Sports.
- How sports are selected for the Olympics