Sport Specific Anthropometry
Tests of anthropometry include measurements of body size, structure, and composition. There is a wide range of ideal body shapes and compositions, depending on the sports, the playing position and the fitness level. See the links to detailed information about anthropometric measurements each of these sports.
Anthropometry for Sports
- Athletics (Track & Field)
- Australian Football
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Field Hockey
- Football (Soccer)
- Martial Arts
- Modern Pentathlon
- Table Tennis
- Water Polo
For many sports it is an advantage to be extreme in some aspect, whether it be short, tall, heavy or light. In terms of body composition, an athlete may wish to have anything from high muscularity to high fat levels. Sometimes this advantage is great, and other times very minimal.
- Athlete Body Size Changes Over Time
- Anthropometry at the Summer Olympic Games and the Winter Olympic Games
- A discussion about Body Size Testing
- Anthropometric Charts
- A discussion about Body Composition Testing
- Poll about methods for measuring body composition?
- Methods for measuring muscle mass
- Records for the extremes of height and weight.
- Body Composition and Fitness.