Anthropometry and the Winter Olympics
The Olympic Games brings together the best athletes in the world in a wide range of sports. Over time it has provided a great opportunity to study the body size and composition of athletes from around the world and how that relates to performance. Here are details of some of the studies of athletes.
- We have analysed the database of athletes from the 2014 Winter Olympics. Do you want to know the tallest, shortest, heaviest, lightest, oldest and youngest of the 2014 Sochi Olympians?
- Limited details about the athletes from the 2018 Winter Olympics. We know the tallest!
- We have also done our own anthropometric comparison of Olympic champions in the 50km men's cross-country skiing event. See how the height and weight of the gold medal winners has changed over time.
- See the athlete anthropometric data from the 2012 London Olympics
- Science and the Summer Olympic Games
- Anthropometry at the Winter Olympics
- Science and the Winter Olympics
- Anthropometry at the Summer Olympics
- Sport Specific Anthropometry