Beach Wall PressEquipment Required: wall or similar solid object
- Begin by standing about a meter from the wall
- Place hands flat on the wall, approximately shoulder width apart
- Keep you torso and legs in a straight line
- Bend your arms and lower your chest close to the wall without touching it
- Straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this action 5-20 times.
Key points to remember
- Warm up before any exercise program. At the beach, a run and some stretches is a good way to start.
- Breathe out as you move towards the wall, and breathe in as you come back out
- Avoid arching your back, keeping your palms on the wall at all times.
- If it is sunny, don't forget to cover yourself up with a hat or some sunscreen. If it is hot, be sure to drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
- You can start this exercise from varying distances from the wall which will change the effort required.
- See also the descriptions for the standard beach push-up and the incline beach push-up
- More fitness at the beach
- Wall Press for during pregnancy
- Similar beach exercises: push-up, incline push-up
- See the gym Bench Press Exercise
- A Simple Push-Up Test that can be done at home
Any comments, suggestions or corrections? Please let us know.