This exercise is part of the home fitness program, fitness you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: 2 x buckets or equivalent weights
- Begin by standing straight, then step forward with one foot, leaving the other back.
- Both feet should be directed straight with the toes facing forward
- Lower your back knee almost to the floor, and rise up again, concentrating on squeezing your buttocks to push yourself up
- Maintain your body in an upright position and avoid leaning forward.
- Repeat this action to perform several repetitions, then again with the opposite foot forward.
- Make sure there is not too great a distance between your feet. Do not allow your front knee to go forward beyond your toes as you come down, and stop where your feel comfortable.
Key points to remember
- Throughout this exercise, keep your abdominal muscles tight and chest and head up
- Increase the workload by adding weight to your hands, such as a shopping bag with tinned food inside.
- A similar exercise is the single leg squat
- More of fitness at home
- Gym Exercises - the Lunge
- Dumbbell Exercises: Reverse lunge
- Lunges at the beach
- Lunges for during pregnancy