Equipment Required: a pair of dumbbells
- Start by standing with a dumbbell in each hand, and your feet flat on the floor and about shoulder width apart. Toes should be pointing forward.
- While maintaining an upright position with the torso, take a slow step backwards (landing toe-heel).
- Bend both knees and descend until the front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Push up and forward, and back to the starting position.
- Repeat, this time leading with the opposite leg.
Key points to remember
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position.
- Maintain the body in an upright position and avoid leaning forward.
- More Dumbbell Exercises
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store
- See Exercises at home - the lunge
- Lunges at the beach