Sth Africa, 2010 | Groups | Schedule | Cities | Stadia | Results | Goal Scorers
The South African World Cup event was the 19th FIFA World Cup. It was the first World Cup held in Africa (see 2010 host selection). The event started on the 11 June 2010, concluding with the final on 11th July.
The 32 countries which qualified for the 2010 World Cup were placed into their eight groups in early December 2009. See the complete listing of the 2010 draw for each of the eight groups. This was the first World Cup with no debutante associations, although two of the qualifying countries (Slovakia and Serbia) had previously appeared only as parts of former competing nations.
The official match ball for the South Africa World Cup was named the "Jabulani" (see more about World Cup balls).
The winner of the Final was Spain, with a 1-0 win over the Netherlands. It was Spain's first-ever World Cup final win.
- The 2010 tournament was staged in nine South African cities (more about cities)
- World cup matches was held in 10 stadiums (more about the stadiums)
- 2010 World Cup team nicknames
- Compare the results to who was predicted to win in South Africa
- Videos from the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- History of the South Africa National Team at the World Cup.
- List of all World Cup Host Countries
- Ticketing Information