To conduct fitness tests, you need both the knowledge on how to conduct the tests accurately, and also the necessary equipment. Some fitness tests can be done with minimal equipment, while others require sophisticated and expensive equipment.
Here are a few links to pages with all the information required to perform fitness testing, and also links to pages about using the equipment and how to obtain the equipment you need. With all that is here you are on your way to conducting the many tests that are described on this web site.
- Fitness Testing Clipart Images — clipart collection.
- Fitness Test Results Recording Sheet — standard blank sheet for recording results.
- Consent Form — all the details you need to create your own fitness testing informed consent form.
- Fitness Testing Photos — collection of testing photographs.
- Fitness Testing Calendar — listing of major events in fitness testing
- RPE — scale for 'ratings of perceived exertion'.
- The beep test — buy the mp3, recording sheet, Excel Spreadsheet
- All Fitness Testing Downloads
- Top-10 Reasons to Fitness Test
- Calculators — fitness testing calculators.
- Metronomes — for setting the correct pace for some fitness tests.
- Pre-Test Procedures — list of jobs that need to be done prior to fitness testing.
- Test Preparation Guidelines — get your body primed to perform to your physical potential.
- Sample Fitness Testing Protocols — example fitness testing lists
- Warming Up — example warm up procedures for fitness testing.
- Fitness Testing Norms — guideline for interpreting fitness test results
- Talent Identification — using fitness testing to channel athletes into appropriate sports
- Exercise Physiologists — making a career out of it.
- Measuring Environmental Conditions when conducting fitness testing.
- Accreditation — professional bodies that can help you serve your clients better.
- Polls — some polls on fitness testing topics.
- Awards — fitness testing award programs.
- Heart Rate — information about the measurement of heart rate for fitness testing.
- Fitness Testing Posts — fitness testing posts on the Topend Sports blog.
- FAQs — answers to commonly asked questions about fitness testing.
Books and Guides
- Fitness Testing Guide — free guide for athletes, coaches, parents and exercise physiologists about all you need to know to conduct fitness testing.
- Fitness Testing Books — a wide range of books for sale about fitness assessment.
- YMCA Fitness Testing and Assessment Manual and cd — all about this resource.
- Senior Fitness Test Manual — all about this resource for those looking at purchasing it.
- Fitness Testing Equipment, Products and Reviews — information, reviews and items for sale.
- Fitness Testing Kit — list of essential items for your fitness assessment.
- Home Fitness Testing Kit — list of essential items for your assessing your fitness at home.
- Fitness Testing Store — fitness testing items for sale.
- Beep or Bleep Test cd — guide to buying the beep test.
Download your free copy of the Topend Sports' Fitness Testing Guide — a guide for you to plan, conduct, analyze and interpret fitness testing of athletes.
- Visit our partner site Fitness Testing Directory for listings of where you can go and get your fitness assessed.