A metronome is a device commonly used by musicians that marks time at a selected rate. There are many fitness tests that require setting a particular pace, and this set of online metronomes will aid in doing so. See specific metronomes for push-ups and sit-ups.
This simple metronome can set a pace based on beats-per-minute (BPM) and beat-per-bar (BPB). You can also turn the sound on and off.
How to Use the Metronome
Adjust the numbers to get the desired pace. Currently, the metronome is set to make a sound every second (60 beats per minute), and every 2nd sound is a different tone. Enter the required numbers, and press 'start' to begin. You can turn the sound off, the numbers will still indicate the set pace.
Use with Caution
On some devices the timing may not be accurate. Please check the metronome against a stopwatch before using it for fitness testing. At high BPM rates some computers and mobile devices may not keep in perfect time due to other computer resources slowing the computer processing down. If you are having trouble with the timing displaying properly, try closing down other apps and windows.
Example Cadence Fitness Tests
Push and Pull-Ups
- Cadence Pull-Up Test — at a rate of 15 per minute
- Cadence Push-Up Test — at a rate of 20 per minute
- Push-up beep test — at a rate of 25 per minute
- Cadence Bench Press Test — at 25 per minute at a set weight
- President's Challenge Curl-Up Test (for partial curl-up, 20 per minute)
- FitnessGram Curl Up Test (20 per minute)
- NHL Curl Up Beep Test (25 per minute)
- CT Partial Curl Up Test (20 per minute)