It is important to record all relevant information when conducting fitness testing. A well-designed fitness testing scoring sheet makes sure that all relevant information is recorded, and all the details of the fitness test are recorded consistently and hopefully error free.
Contents of a Fitness Test Recording Sheet
In addition to the fitness test results, the following information should also be recorded with every testing session:
- Date and time of testing
- Personal details (name, age, contact details).
- Current state of the athlete (fitness level, any injuries, health status, fatigue level, sleep)
- Activity details (sport involved in, event)
- Record basic subject information, such as name, age, height, body weight, gender.
- Basic physiological data (weight, resting heart rate)
- Current training phase (e.g. speed, speed endurance, strength, technique)
- Current training load (the number of miles, the number of sets and repetitions, the number of attempts)
- Current training intensity (kilograms, percentage of maximum, percentage of VO2)
- Environmental and surface conditions (wet, slippery, wind, temperature, humidity, indoors?) - Measuring Environmental Conditions
- Names and qualifications of assessors
Example Fitness Testing Recording Sheet
To get your free download of an example recording sheet, just enter your details below. The form is a word document which can be edited to suit your particular situation - items may be removed or added. You will also receive the information sheet "Preparation for Fitness Testing"
Submitting this form will also subscribe you (100% free) to the Topend Sports newsletter, containing the latest updates to this website and current news in sport, science, fitness and nutrition. Don't worry, you can easily unsubscribe at any time, but I don't think you will want to. As well as great information, you will get more freebies and other great offers!
Feel free to modify the scoring sheet as you wish, though it would be appreciated if you leave the details about the source of the document and leave the link to this website in the footer. Thanks.
Fitness Testing Guide
Download your free copy of the Topend Sports' Fitness Testing Guide — a guide for you to plan, conduct, analyze and interpret fitness testing of athletes.
- Preparation for Fitness Testing — information sheet for athletes
- Guidelines for Physically Preparing for Testing
- Warm ups for fitness testing
- Measuring Environmental Conditions when conducting fitness testing.
- Example fitness test protocols
- Guide to Conducting Fitness Tests