Survival for the Fittest was the first cookbook in the Survival series. Developed by the team of sports dietitians at the Australian Institute of Sport, it is not only aimed at athletes, but at anyone who is interested in maintaining a healthy diet in a busy lifestyle. Quick, delicious and foolproof, the recipes are designed to provide maximum energy and nutrition in a minimum space of time. This is more than a recipe book. It is the definitive guide to getting organised at home and cooking great meals. Survival for the Fittest is the ideal high-performance cookbook for the busiest and healthiest of people who want to achieve their personal best in the kitchen as well as their sport. Buy this book.
About the Survival Cookbooks
This great series of books is produced by the Australian Institute of Sport with the help of AIS athletes. They were developed by the team of sport dietitians at the AIS, evolving out of the cooking classes which the Institute has been running with its athletes for many years. It is aimed at athletes and anyone interested in maintaining a healthy diet in a busy lifestyle. Recipes are accompanied by a nutritional analysis, easy cooking hints and a selection of tips from the athletes themselves. The other books in the survival series: Survival around the world, Survival For The Active Family and Survival from the fittest.
Each book contains the following information about each recipe:
- ENERGY VALUE - although people think of energy as "get up and go", in fact it is simply the kilojoule or calorie content of the food
- CARBOHYDRATE CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- FAT CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- PROTEIN CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- Special comments ~ may note content of iron, calcium, vitamin C or zinc
Example recipes from this book
- About the Survival Cookbook Series
- More Sports Nutrition Books
- List of Cookbooks for Athletes
- About Sports Nutrition