Survival Around the World
Developed by the sports dietitians at the Australian Institute of Sport (including our own dietitian Clare Wood), this vividly illustrated recipe book provides healthy and helpful tips not only for traveling athletes but also for anyone who is interested in maintaining a healthy diet, whether at home or abroad. Advice on dining out, grocery shopping, and cooking in each region of the world is provided, along with internationally inspired recipes. Buy this book.
About the Survival Cookbooks
This great series of books is produced by the Australian Institute of Sport with the help of AIS athletes. They were developed by the team of sport dietitians at the AIS, evolving out of the cooking classes which the Institute has been running with its athletes for many years. It is aimed at athletes and anyone interested in maintaining a healthy diet in a busy lifestyle. Recipes are accompanied by a nutritional analysis, easy cooking hints and a selection of tips from the athletes themselves. The other books in the survival series: Survival for the Fittest, Survival For The Active Family and Survival from the fittest.
Each book contains the following information about each recipe:
- ENERGY VALUE - although people think of energy as "get up and go", in fact it is simply the kilojoule or calorie content of the food
- CARBOHYDRATE CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- FAT CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- PROTEIN CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- Special comments ~ may note content of iron, calcium, vitamin C or zinc
- About the Survival Cookbook Series
- More Sports Nutrition Books
- Sports Nutrition for the Traveling Athlete
- List of Cookbooks for Athletes
- About Sports Nutrition