Wall Press Exercise
Here is a safe exercise to do throughout your pregnancy because you're in an upright position in case you feel dizzy.
- To strengthen your chest (pectorals), shoulder (deltoid), back and arm (triceps) muscles.
Equipment Required: wall or similar object
- Stand a couple of feet from the wall
- Place hands on the wall, shoulder width apart
- Keep you torso and legs aligned
- Bend your arms and lower your chest to the wall, then straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this action 5-20 times.
Key points to remember
- Breathe out as you go down and breathe in as you come back.
- Avoid arching your back, keeping your palms on the wall at all times.
- You can start from varying distances from the wall which will change the resistance on your arms.
- Other pregnancy exercises
- Wall Press at the Beach.
- women and fitness
- About post-pregnancy exercise
- Similar exercises: bench press in the gym, dumbbell flies in the gym, push-up at home
- Similar beach exercises: push-up, incline push-up
- A Simple Push-Up Test that can be done at home