- To strengthen your leg muscles
Equipment Required: none, or use hand weights as an alternative to increase the difficulty.
- Stand with your feet about two feet apart and toes turned comfortably out.
- Slowly bend your knees, keeping your back flat.
- Keep your knees over your toes - don't let them roll in.
- Rise slowly, concentrating on the leg muscles as you push-upward.
- Start with five repetitions, and increase to 20 as you get fitter. To further advance this exercise, stay down for 15 to 30 seconds, then rise up slowly.
Key points to remember
- Keep your heels flat during the entire movement
- Never lower your buttocks past your knees.
- You can hold weights in your hand to increase the intensity of this exercise
- Other pregnancy exercises
- women and fitness
- Bodyweight Squats
- About post-pregnancy exercise
- squat stretch exercise during pregnancy