Wall Sit Exercise
The Wall Sit Exercise is a simple bodyweight aerobic exercise, requiring only a wall to lean against, and a stopwatch to time yourself. This exercise is part of the 7-minute workout.
Equipment Required: none
- Stand with your back to a wall, feet hip-width apart and slightly in front of you.
- Lean back into the wall, and slide down like you're sitting down onto a chair. Your knees should bent at 90 degrees with the knees above your ankles.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Key points to remember
- Don't hold your breath
- Keep looking straight ahead
- Hands may be left resting on the thighs, or the arms crossed across the chest
- Wall Squats — squats against the wall, part of the home workout
- See also the similar Home Squat Exercise.