This exercise is part of the home fitness program, fitness you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: suitable overhead support, such as ceiling rafters in a garage or the moulding of your door frame. There are pull up bars that fit within a door frame available.
- Stand on a chair or jump up to grasp the bar, with your hands positioned shoulder-width apart and with an underhand grip.
- Start in the hang position below the bar.
- Slowly raise your body until your chin reaches the bar level.
- Pause a moment before slowly lowering yourself back to the starting position.
Key points to remember
- Don’t swing or use momentum to get your body to the top.
- If you are feeling strong, the intensity of this exercise can be increased increasing the number of repetition and/or by attaching weights to your body.
- You may use an overhand grip (palms facing away from you - it really does not matter.
- More of fitness at home
- Where to buy pull-up or chin-up bars.
- World Records for Chin Ups
- Chin-up fitness test
- Pull-up test norms
- POLL: Do you call it a chin-up or pull-up?
- Overhand or underhand - a description of each of the grip types
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.