No doubt, beauty and health are privileges of youth. However, this doesn’t mean that you don’t have to take care of them. A responsible attitude to your body is the key step to keeping it strong for many years ahead.
The first habit that healthy students try to develop is proper nutrition. Of course, this is the basis, but physical activity is still needed. Therefore, sports and muscle loads are what you need to upgrade your life, as they influence both your physical and mental well-being.
How Long Should A Perfect Workout Take?
In fact, you don't have to be a professional athlete or train 24/7 to be healthy. The current American College of Sports Medicine recommendations for physical activity include at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week. These 150 minutes can be divided as you prefer.
For example, you can do a 30-minute workout five times a week, or a 50-minute workout three times a week. Of course, finding time for physical activity will be much easier thanks to write my essays services as they can finish your papers at the highest possible level. While the authors are helping you with homework, you can focus on what matters most at this very moment. Be it yoga, gym workouts or jogging, you will fully dive into the process, as you no longer have to stress over upcoming deadlines.
In general, it's important to start slowly and increase the intensity over time. Another key point is to not forget to rest. If the body doesn’t recover from physical activity, then you will face the risk of injury such as stress fracture. Too much exercise can also increase the risk of hormonal imbalance and chronic fatigue. So always listen to your body as it knows its needs.
What Are The Benefits Of Regular Exercise?
The benefit lies not only in beautiful appearance and great physical shape. After all, sport is:
- The best prevention of all diseases;
- Anti-stress. You probably know the nature of stress. The release of adrenaline into the blood requires physical activity. Is the environment around you getting tense? Then, it’s time for a workout. Also, outsourcing is another great way to get rid of anxiety. Send your school tasks to the best essay writing services to have more quality time for yourself;
- The cure for depression. Thanks to sports, happiness hormones are released, so your mood will definitely improve.
Where Can You Do Sports?
First of all, if you have PE in college, don't skip it. Plus, you can:
- Buy a gym membership - there are usually great offers for students;
- When it’s warm, you can go to the stadium or your local playground with outdoor exercise equipment;
- Jogging in the mornings and evenings. It is available to everyone at any time of the year;
- Exercise at home. Today, there are many brilliant online guides from talented coaches.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to stay in shape. Each of us is surrounded by places that can be safely used for sports, you just need to be motivated enough.
Where To Begin?
- Cardio loads. You don’t need to grab a barbell if you haven’t held anything heavier than a school bag before. Begin with a gentle load on all muscle groups. Let your body gradually get used to it;
- Long walks and runs. If you don’t have health problems, then go for a run. Running will definitely help you come into perfect shape. And it will also make you more confident;
- Warm up. There’s surely a playground or a place in the park where athletes train. Looking at like-minded people will only increase your enthusiasm. Plus, you will make new acquaintances.
How To Stay Enthusiastic?
1. Find Like-Minded People
Our brain is simply programmed to interact with others. Since we are all social creatures, start exercising with a friend. First, it will make it easier for you to adapt to a new environment when it comes to the gym or group classes. Second, you will feel a little ashamed to ignore the obligations you have now.
2. Consider Your Fatigue
Once regular workouts become part of your lifestyle, nothing will make you miss the exercise. But for now, consider all the factors: hunger, tiredness and endless to-do lists. All this can greatly affect your determination to do sports. Therefore, many coaches recommend exercising in the morning when you are rested and fresh.
3. Activate The Dopamine System
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that provides a feeling of pleasure. Exercise itself increases dopamine and serotonin levels. Over time, you will feel the excitement thanks to sports, but until this happens, you can find it in:
- Music. You will listen to your amazing playlist during your run. Isn't it cool?
- Communication. It will serve as an additional motivation for you;
- Approval. Post photos and videos from your workouts. Let the followers support you.
4. Make A Plan
Planning makes life easier and creates a sense of control. Thus, you can find a workout plan online. Download it and go for a run, to the pool, or gym. First, planning will give you a variety of options. Second, it will break down a big goal into small, specific steps.
To Wrap It Up
And here’s the last piece of advice. If you feel pain or discomfort while exercising, stop and rest before continuing. Enduring pain isn’t a good idea, as it can lead to injury. Also, remember that exercising harder and faster doesn’t mean exercising efficiently. The main thing is to find the type of activity that you like, and then the sport will become a part of your life in the long run. Good luck searching!
- Combining study and sports - tips for students to make more time for sports
- Keeping fit with your family and friends
- Group Fitness — fitness is better with others
- Fitness Testing for Uni Students
- World University Games
- Fitness Health and Nutrition