Walking is an easy enjoyable way to get your exercise. It's a great way to get in shape and stay in shape, whether you're on the road or at home.
Here are some of the many great reasons to walk:
- Easy on your joints: Walking is easier on the joints and muscles than running. As a result, it's more fun, and you'll recover faster and be less prone to injuries.
- Minimal Equipment: Other than a good pair of shoes, walking doesn't require any special equipment or clothing.
- Accessible: Anyone at any fitness level can go walking, as opposed to running or other strenuous activities which require a minimum fitness level for beginners.
- Flexible: Walking can be done at anytime, in short bursts; for example, in between client meetings, while waiting, after dinner.
- Can Rug Up: When it's cold out, you can still go walking while bundled up (versus running, which is cumbersome if you have to wear a lot of clothes).
- Less Sweaty: When it's hot out, you can walk without getting as sweaty as when I am running, hopefully negating the need to take a second shower during an already busy day.
- Explore: while walking it is easy to look around and explore the area.
- Minimal Warm-up: Although you should warm-ups and stretch as a part of your regular workout routine, walking can still be done safely with minimal warm-up and cool-down.
- Multi-tasking: You can multi-task while walking, which is much harder with other forms of exercise.
- A Beginner's Walking Workout
- Walking for Fitness Tips
- Walking for Fitness
- Walking for weight loss
- All about Aerobic Endurance Fitness
- Aerobic fitness workouts
- Walking Fitness Tests