A treadmill is one of the most popular exercise equipment in use. This is probably due to the ease of use - as anyone who can walk or run can use a treadmill.
The benefits of using a treadmill for your exercise training are the same as for running, plus there are several additional benefits such as the ease and convenience of this mode of exercise (see more treadmill benefits). To buy your own treadmill can be a big expense, so it is important to consider all the factors.
- I have written a guide to buying a treadmill, and for those who may want to save some money there is additional information what to be wary of when buying a secondhand treadmill.
- If you needing to put the treadmill on an angle, you may need this information about calculating the treadmill gradient.
- If you need an accurate measure of the treadmill's speed, or if you think that the speed dial is not working correctly, here is a simple way to check the calibration of a treadmill's speed.
- Treadmills in the fitness store.
- Treadmill Fitness Tests
- Treadmill Ergometers for Fitness Testing — a discussion and comparison of treadmill ergometers for fitness testing.
- Other Fitness Equipment